Express & Star

House fire in Friar Park, Wednesbury, sparked by overheating phone charger

Firefighters tackled a house fire in Wednesbury this morning which was sparked by an overheating phone charger.

Last updated
Firefighters tackled the blaze at a house on Carisbrooke Road in Friar Park, Wednesbury.

25 firefighters responded to the blaze at a property on Carisbrooke Road in Friar Park shortly before 5.45am.

The fire was on the first floor of the semi-detached house and had spread to the roof by the time firefighter arrived.

Five fire engines, a 4x4 brigade response vehicle and a hydraulic aerial platform attended the scene.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.