Express & Star

Blaze in Dudley tall building caused by cooking in third-floor flat

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a tall building in Dudley overnight.

Last updated
A stock image of West Midlands Fire Service dealing with an incident.

The blaze was caused by cooking in a third floor flat, according to West Midlands Fire Service.

Five crews attended the incident, which suggests it was relatively serious.

However, all people were accounted for and there were no reports of any casualties.

As of 3:30am, the crews said they were still in attendance and clearing the smoke logging from the 3rd floor.