A devastating blaze erupted at a home in Wednesfield, forcing a man to flee the house with his leg on fire before the inferno completely gutted the terraced property.
Residents in Vicarage Road said a loud bang sparked the drama. The front window was completely blown out, sending flames leaping into the air from the living room.
Seconds later a man in his 40s fled the property with his lower leg on fire before a neighbour rushed to his aid, covering him with a towel to put out the flames. Fire crews arrived within minutes and faced a huge fight to prevent the fire from spreading.