Beverley Knight, Suzanne Shaw and Matt Slack take on omelette challenge with Glynn Purnell - with pictures and video
Stars of Birmingham Hippodrome panto Cinderella took a break from rehearsals yesterday to take on a special challenge alongside Midland chef Glynn Purnell.
Michelin-starred restauranteur Glynn, from Chelmsley Wood, paid a visit to Birmingham Hippodrome to judge Matt Slack and Suzanne Shaw as they took on the omelette challenge.
Propping up 'Team Panto' from the wings was Wolverhampton's soul-diva Beverley Knight, who made her pantomime debut in Cinderella this year.
The contest tested the competitors on who could whip up the fastest and tastiest egg-based creation.
Watch the stars take on the omelette challenge here:
After the panto stars went pan to pan, pop star Suzanne Shaw was crowned the winner of the special omelette challenge following a taste test conducted by Beverley, who humorously concluded Shaw's creation looked 'a bit more like an omelette'
Suzanne, Matt and Beverley performed in the panto alongside comedy duo The Grumbleweeds, Ceri Dupree and Phil Randall.
- Cinderella, Birmingham Hippodrome - review with pictures
- Suzanne Shaw talks ahead of her appearance as Cinderella in Birmingham Hippodrome pantomime
- Matt Slack talks about starring in Cinderella at the Birmingham Hippodrome
- Behind the scenes of Cinderella at Birmingham Hippodrome - in photos
- Beverley Knight, Suzanne Shaw, Matt Slack and more celebrate the launch of Birmingham Hippodrome's Cinderella - with pictures
Cinderella, produced by Olivier-nominated pantomime producer Qdos Entertainment, ends on January 28 following a bumper six-week run.
For more information and to buy tickets to see Cinderella, click here
The stars and Birmingham Hippodrome live tweeted from the event to keep readers updated with all of the action:
Bodyguard creator Jed Mercurio reveals there could be four more seasons of the show following explosive finale
Guz Khan, Tez Ilyas, Tommy Sandhu and more at Desi Central Comedy Night, Glee Club, Birmingham - review