Man beaten to death after flat row turns violent, inquest told

By Jamie Brassington | Wolverhampton | Crime | Published:

A man was beaten to death after a row at a flat turned violent, an inquest heard.

Artura Busma

Police found the body of Artura Busma, aged 39, at the flat in Newbridge, Wolverhampton, on April 21, after receiving reports of a confrontation, Black Country Coroner's Court heard.

Simon Wilkins, 27, and 33-year-old Jodie Rafferty have been charged with murdering Mr Busman - a maintenance engineer who was born in Russia.

Mr Busma went to the flat at around 11am and an argument broke out, said senior coroner Zafar Siddique.

It was during the confrontation Mr Busma suffered head and body injuries and died, the coroner added.

Police officers found Mr Busma's body in the flat after a man handed himself into a police station.

Paramedics were called but Mr Busma was pronounced dead at the scene in Tettenhall Road near Newhampton Road West.

The inquest heard Mr Busma's cause of death remains unknown pending an investigation.

Police outside the flat in Tettenhall Road following the death of Artura Busma


A post-mortem revealed he suffered significant blunt force trauma to his head and body.

Mr Busma, from Northolt Drive, Wolverhampton, leaves behind a wife and sons.

Following his death, a tribute from Mr Busma's wife said: "He was a wonderful person, a loving husband and a great dad to our sons.

"He will be greatly missed, and always in our hearts.”


Due to the ongoing murder investigation, the inquest has been adjourned by Mr Siddique.

Mr Siddique added: "Given the circumstances, I will suspend my inquest pending further criminal matters.

"Can I take this opportunity to offer my condolences to the family of Mr Busma."

Jamie Brassington

By Jamie Brassington
Senior Multi-Media Journalist - @JamieB_Star

Senior reporter at the Express & Star. Contact me at

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News