Kidderminster Harriers 2 Curzon Ashton 2 - Report

By David Banner | Kidderminster Harriers | Published:

Kidderminster Harriers had to settle for their second successive home National League North deadlock when they were held to a 2-2 draw against Curzon Ashton at Aggborough.

John Eustace.

Skipper Ryan Croasdale gave Harriers a slender interval lead before the visitors equalised through Matthew Regan, writes Chris Oldnall.

Joe Ironside then pounced on the hour mark to give Harriers a 2-1 advantage before never-say-die Curzon snatched a dramatic last-gasp leveller through Niall Cummins

Kidderminster, who won both league matches against Curzon last season, were unchanged from the side which drew 1-1 at home to Boston United on Saturday.

Harriers made a bright start with Sam Austin going close before Tyrone Williams saw his header drop on top of the bar following a third minute corner by James McQuilkin.

The visitors continued to be forced onto the on the back foot with Ironside making his presence felt up front.

Firstly, he had a header safely gathered by goalkeeper Cameron Wilson before nodding a through ball to leading scorer Manny Sonupe, who raced towards goal before firing wide.

Striker Ironside then headed straight Wilson before newcomer Fraser Horsfall saw his goalbound shot blocked following a troublesome corner from McQuilkin.

John Eustace’s side suffered a setback when influential midfielder McQuilkin limped off to be replaced by Will Longbottom shortly after the half hour mark.


Harriers were finally rewarded for their ample possession in the 43rd minute when Croasdale scored with a sweetly struck low shot from the edge of the area. It was his first goal of the season.

Curzon, who did not produce an on-target effort during the first period, came out for the second half in a more determined mood and equalised on 51 minutes when a cross from Max Leonard, following a short corner, was knocked in from close range by Regan.

Shortly afterwards Aggborough goalkeeper Brandon Hall was called on to save saves to deny Joe Guest and Regan.

Harriers, however, regained the lead on 60 minutes when a cross from Austin enabled Ironside to score with a near post header.


Curzon hit back to equalise with a powerful drive from Cummins on 89 minutes.


Kidderminster: Hall; Austin, Horsfall, Williams, Taylor; McQuilkin (Longbottom, 36), Croasdale, Ngwatala; Bradley (Wright, 67), Ironside, Sonupe (Brown, 76). Subs not used: Weeks, Webb.

Curzon: Wilson; Hunt, Shaw, Regan; Bailie, Crothers (Byanga, 81), Marshall, Leonard (McKenzie, 76), Guest; Cummins \Wharton 90), Howson. Subs not used: Thornley, Madeley.

Referee: Tom Reeves (Coventry).

Attendance: 1,281 (10 away fans)


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News