Stourbridge road reopens after three-year-old child hit by car

A main road in Stourbridge has been closed after a child was hit by a car.

Published
Last updated

West Midlands Police were called to Worcester Street, Stourbridge, just before 1pm this afternoon, after receiving reports that a child had been struck by a car. 

The child is reported to have suffered a head injury due to a crash and has been taken to the hospital.

Get the latest headlines delivered straight to your inbox with the Express & Star’s free newsletter

Worcester Street in Stourbridge reopens after child hit by car
Worcester Street in Stourbridge reopens after child hit by car

Police have said that the driver of the vehicle has remained at the scene to help with enquiries. 

Worcester Street has been closed off between Mary Stevens Park and Baylie Street, with a cordon in place until around 6pm this evening. The street has now reopened.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Police said: "We were called to Worcester Street, Stourbridge, after a child was hit by a car. 

The cordon was in place until just before 6pm on February 22
The cordon was in place until just before 6pm on February 22

"A three-year-old boy was hit shortly before 1pm. 

"The child was taken to hospital with a head injury, which is being assessed, and the driver of the car is helping officers with their enquiries." 

West Midlands Ambulance Service has been approached for further information.