Wolverhampton child rapist who preyed on teenage girls and threatened 12-year-old into sharing indecent images is jailed

A rapist who sexually exploited teenage girls and threatened a 12-year-old girl into sharing indecent images has been jailed.

Published

Gurpreet Randhawa, from Wolverhampton, carried out sex attacks on two 15-year-old girls he’d persuaded to meet with him. He raped one girl on three separate occasions between August and September last year, West Midlands Police said.

On the third occasion he drove her to a car park in Wolverhampton before raping her in the back of a vehicle. When she tried to resist his advances he grabbed her by the throat.

The brave girl told her school about the attack, police were informed and Randhawa, who went by the name 'Ziggy', was arrested that same day.

Officers found Randhawa had used other aliases and had contacted a 12-year-old girl using social media. He sent sexualised videos and photos of himself, threatened to hurt the girl if she didn't reciprocate and encouraged her to ask her friends to do the same.

Gurpreet Randhawa
Gurpreet Randhawa

Randhawa had even shared with her live footage of him having sex with another girl, who he knew was aged just 15. He smoked drugs with her and forced himself upon the girl, who was completely unaware the attack was being filmed.

Thanks to the evidence of Randhawa's victims, police were able to prosecute him for sexual offences.

He pleaded guilty to four offences of rape, two of taking indecent images of a child, a further two offences of sharing indecent images and engaging in sexual communication, all between July 2024 and September 2025.

The 21-year-old, of Wellington Road, was jailed for 18 years at Wolverhampton Crown Court on Thursday (February 12).

DC Mark Tallis, from West Midlands Police's public protection unit, said: “Randhawa targeted and exploited these young girls for his own sexual desires. He persuaded two of the girls to meet him and raped them.

“These were horrific experiences for the girls, as it was for the 12-year-old girl who was threatened if she did not reciprocate his appalling actions in sharing indecent images.

“It was through the courage of the girls in coming forward and telling us about these awful crimes we were able to convict Randhawa for his deplorable behaviour. Their bravery has taken a dangerous man off the streets and prevented others from being targeted."

Officers still want to hear from anyone else who may have been targeted by Randhawa. A spokesperson said: "We have specialist staff who will listen and support you.

"We won’t tolerate such abhorrent crimes and for further information around how to report these, or signs of exploitation, you can read more here: https://www.westmidlands.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/caa/child-abuse/child-sexual-exploitation/."