Kidderminster Harriers 0 Lincoln City 2

Wyre Forest | Sport | Published:

Kidderminster Harriers' hopes of a first National League win of the season were destroyed when they conceded two sloppy goals in the space of five first-half minutes.

Their depressing defeat leaves them firmly glued to the foot of the table, with six defeats and five draws from their opening 11 matches.

The Imps clinched a well-earned victory with goals from captain Alan Power and Jack Muldoon to leave toothless Harriers without a league triumph since March 28.

They will now be desperate for a much-needed win tomorrow night when they visit Bromley, who will go into the match on the back of a crushing 7-3 win at Torquay United.

Although they made a promising start against mid-table Lincoln, Harriers had the stuffing knocked out of them by the visitors' two quick-fire goals.

They huffed and puffed during a battling second half performance, but never looked like clawing back the deficit.

Harriers, who handed a debut to new loan defender Kevin Toner from Aston Villa, fell behind in the 22nd minute when Muldoon was able to drill in a low cross which allowed Power to fire in a first time shot.

Bradley Wood had a header cleared off Harriers' line before the Imps made it 2-0 when a mistake by goalkeeper Alex Palmer gave Muldoon the chance to get his name on the scoresheet.

Muldoon also had an effort well pushed away by Palmer in the closing stages of the first period, with Kidderminster ending the opening half without having seriously tested visiting goalkeeper Paul Farman.

Their lack of a cutting edge was also evident in the second half when the Imps wasted a golden opportunity to make it 3-0 in the 75th minute when striker Matt Rhead blazed over from in front of an open goal.

Harriers' defender Kevin Langmead had a header cleared off the line by Craig Stanley in the 83rd minute.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star


UK & International News