Coronavirus: Updates as PM warns things will get worse before they get better
See coronavirus updates from across the West Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Mid Wales and beyond as Boris John is set to warn every household in the UK that "things will get worse before they get better".
It comes as the Department of Health said on Saturday that a total of 1,228 patients have died after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK, as of 5pm on Saturday, up from 1,019 the day before - a rise of 209.
There are now 19,522 confirmed cases in the UK.
A total of 130 coronavirus patients have now died across the Black Country, Birmingham and Staffordshire.
A further 19 people in the region were today confirmed to have died after testing positive for coronavirus.
Three more coronavirus patients have died in Shropshire. It means 11 people have now died in Shropshire after testing positive for Covid-19.
Breakdown of new Midlands deaths:
- Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust 2
- The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust 3
- Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust 4
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (Staffs) 3
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust 7
- The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust 3
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust 6
The latest figures record a further 209 deaths in the UK over the past 24 hours, slightly lower than Saturday's rise of 260.
England saw 190 of those. Wales has reported 10 new deaths, with a six in Northern Ireland and one in Scotland.
See today's updates here:
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.