The men are believed to be Brian Sasa, Tyrique King, Nehemie Tampwo and Zenay Pennant-Phillips, Mr Michael Duck QC said, prosecuting.
The four men – all aged 19 – have all denied the murder of Keelan Wilson who died on May 29, 2018, at about 11pm on Strathfield Walk.
The defendants were allegedly captured on CCTV running down Langley Road, only a few minutes away from the scene at the attack, a court was told.
More from the trial:
Mr Duck QC claimed the group had all arrived together in a taxi which had been ordered using the same booking details which were linked to King. Earlier CCTV footage, showed to Wolverhampton Crown Court, showed Sasa and King walking through Wolverhampton city centre earlier that day.
They had passed through Victoria Street at about 3.40pm along with two others minutes before disorder broke out, a judge was shown.
CCTV showed both groups – a group of two and a group of three – fleeing from the scene in the aftermath of the attack, both in different directions.
Both King’s phone and Mr Wilson’s phone were registered as using cell sites within the centre of the city at about 3.44pm – minutes after the attack, a jury heard.
A taxi was later ordered through an app by a member of the group with Sasa and King to take them out of the city, Wolverhampton Crown Court heard.
The same reference details were later used to book a taxi for the four men to Fareham Crescent, near to the scene of the attack, Mr Duck QC claimed.
Sasa, of Long Ley, Heath Town; Tampwo, from Fern Grove, Bletchley; King, of Chelwood Gardens, Bilston, and Pennant-Phillips, whose address cannot be published for legal reasons, have all denied murdering Keelan.
The jury was previously told by an eyewitness how Keelan was allegedly attacked by a group of four teenagers.
Deborah Kearney said she witnessed four attackers “rain blows” on the 15-year-old just yards from his home, the court previously heard.
The trial continues.