Suspected Sainsbury's window smasher released on bail
A man suspected of smashing all of the front windows of a supermarket which was forced to close has been released on bail.
Sainsbury's in Perton was forced to temporarily close after all the windows at the front of the store were smashed in the early hours of Monday.
Police said it was an isolated incident and was "not related to any issues surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak", however the attack meant NHS workers were unable to use the shop during the usual dedicated hour.
The store reopened on Monday afternoon once the area had been made safe.
A 37-year-old man from Perton was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
On Wednesday, a spokesman from Staffordshire Police said the man had been bailed until April 23 with conditions, while further enquiries continue.
South Staffordshire MP Gavin Williamson condemned the damage on Monday, calling it "callous and shocking".
Meanwhile last week, Staffordshire Police launched an investigation after the store's two cash machines were vandalised and smashed.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.