Reagan Asbury: Man appears in court charged with murder after being traced to Spain

Reagan Asbury died after being attacked during violence which flared during a boxing event at Walsall Town Hall.

Reagan Asbury, inset, and flowers left at the scene near Walsall Town Hall
Reagan Asbury, inset, and flowers left at the scene near Walsall Town Hall

A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of Walsall teenager Reagan Asbury – after police traced him to Spain.

Tyrone Andrew, aged 21, was flown from Madrid to Heathrow yesterday by officers.

He had been held in Barcelona on a European Arrest Warrant, according to West Midlands Police.

Andrew, of St Helen’s Street, Derby, was charged with the murder of the 19-year-old.

Police cordoned off Leicester Street outside Walsall Town Hall in the aftermath of the fatal attack

He appeared at Birmingham Magistrates' Court today for a brief hearing, only speaking to confirm his name and address.

Reagan, from Pelsall, was attacked after violence broke out at a boxing event at Walsall Town Hall.

Trouble spilled into the street after chairs and tables were scattered during the disorder on October 14.

Officers searching nearby roads for evidence after the attack

A post mortem examination confirmed Reagan died from a wound to his neck and further examinations will be completed.

Friends attended a memorial event for Reagan at The Old House at Home pub, in Pelsall, a week after his death.

Reagan had played for Pelsall United and teammates arranged for his Number 5 shirt to be framed in his memory.

Girlfriend Georgia Seedhouse with Reagan's number 5 shirt which he had worn playing for Pelsall United

His girlfriend Georgia Seedhouse was among those to pay tribute, saying of Reagan: "He always had a smile on his face, he was always joking.

"If anyone was in a mood he would be the one to bring them back up."

Eight other people have been arrested on suspicion of offences including assisting an offender and violent disorder.

Three have been charged with violent disorder, and one has been charged with assisting an offender.

Three others remain under investigation, while one has been told he will face no further action.

Anyone who saw the disorder on the night, or who recorded footage of it, is urged to call West Midlands Police homicide team on 101, or independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Andrew was remanded in custody and will next appear at Birmingham Crown Court on Monday (jan15) for a preliminary hearing.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News