Wolves target Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson today declared he'd love to play for new boss Stale Solbakken – as Everton launched a £2m-£3m bid for him.
moreWolves target Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson today declared he'd love to play for new boss Stale Solbakken – as Everton launched a £2m-£3m bid for him.
Everton today fired the opening blows in the bidding for the highly-rated Lillestrom striker, who was watched by Solbakken in last night's 0-0 draw against Aalesund.
Many clubs are chasing his signature – Wolves, Sunderland, Reading, Fulham and Ipswich have scouted Sigurdarson, while Celtic were today linked with him today – but it looks like boss David Moyes has managed to persuade the Goodison powerbrokers to make the first offer.
Some sources say a deal could be struck quickly, with the Norwegian Tippeligaen due to have a break after the weekend, while Lillestrom say the situation is "far from a sale".
It's not known if Solbakken is able to make a move for the exciting young forward, while Steven Fletcher remains at Molineux.
Sigurdarson is keen to try his luck under the Norwegian however.
He said: "It would be amazing to play for that guy.
"If I get the opportunity to take the step to Championship, we'll see how it fits me. But I would like to try.
"It's great that people are interested and want me to play for their club, if it should go so far."
Lillestrom's sporting director Torgeir Bjarmann was quoted as saying: "I don't know if he (Solbakken) plans to spend as much money on a player from Lillestrom, he doesn't even know how much he has in the budget himself.
"We know there's some interest, but it's far from a sale.
"Bjorn is with us and has two and a half years left on his contract."
Asked in a text by a Norwegian paper why he was at Lillestrom, Solbakken replied cryptically: "I'm just enjoying myself at my old club."
If Everton land Norway's hottest prospect, they could even loan him back out to gain experience, opening the door to Wolves if they fail to get him this time.
It's believed Everton's Norway-based scout also watched the 21-year-old play against Aalesunds last night, after scouting him when Sigurdarson scored the only goal against Sogndal on Sunday.
Wolves' interest was confirmed yesterday for the 6ft 1ins striker, who had scored 11 goals in as many games before last night.
Wolves today admitted some seats in the £18m Stan Cullis Stand will be taken off sale because half the pitch can't be seen from them.
The club say pictures circulating on the internet showing the view from the top of north east corner severely obscured by the roof of the smaller Steve Bull Stand of the top tier are genuine.
But they don't know exactly how many seats' views are blocked.
Wolves spokesman Matt Grayson said: "The pictures are genuine. There are a handful of seats with a restricted view and we will take them off sale.
"I don't know the exact amount but I must stress it really is a small number.
"It's happened because we haven't gone ahead with the Steve Bull Stand redevelopment, otherwise the roof would have continued round.
"When we announced the development plans we always said it was in stages so we could continue or pause and reflect, and at the moment we haven't made a decision to go ahead with the next stage."
Wolves stress they are still fully committed to completing the £40m three-sided redevelopment of Molineux.
"As Steve Morgan (chairman) said, he is committed to redeveloping over the long term and it's a project we're committed to," added Grayson.
"At the moment we're in reflective mode but I'm sure it's under review."