Advertising

Terry Connor staying tight-lipped after interview

Sport | Published:

Terry Connor today confirmed he has been interviewed for the Wolves manager's job – but erected a wall of silence over the outcome.

Terry Connor today confirmed he has been interviewed for the Wolves manager's job – but erected a wall of silence over the outcome.

Connor was invited to talk with chairman Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey at Morgan's Carden Park complex in Cheshire on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon.

The 49-year-old is understood to be the only candidate spoken to so far, with Morgan and Moxey due to report back to the rest of the directors at today's board meeting before attending tonight's end-of-season awards dinner at Telford International Centre.

As yet there are no indications to suggest anyone else is in the running, but the club was always going to wait until after the Championship play-off final on May 19 to make serious headway, with potential candidates involved from other clubs.

Connor made a detour to meet the chairman and chief executive on his way to the Blackburn-Wigan game.

"I went up to meet with Steve and Jez because I was asked to go there to speak to them," confirmed the boss.

"That's what I did and then I went on to the Wigan game because we play them next – I carried on my duties if you like, watched the game and came back.

"I oversaw training and testing yesterday and I'll carry on until May 13."

Advertising

Asked if he was given any indication about keeping the job, Connor said: "None at all. I went up for a chat. I'm not prepared to discuss what we actually said.

"We discussed what we discussed. Now we'll finish off the season and we'll see what happens.

"I have no idea about a timescale."

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News