Advertising

Walsall primed to furlough playing staff: Liam Keen and Nathan Judah discuss - WATCH

By Nathan Judah | Walsall FC | Published: | Last Updated:

Liam Keen spoke to Nathan Judah after chairman Leigh Pomlett revealed Waslall are set to furlough their entire playing staff.

Nathan Judah and Liam Keen

With fixtures currently suspended indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic, clubs across all leagues are fighting to stay afloat with the inevitable financial implications.

Speaking on the 'When Sky Invented Football' podcast, Pomlett has confirmed that the majority of staff at the club have been put on the government furlough scheme, meaning they get 80 per cent of their wage while not working – however the club are topping up the remaining 20 per cent of the wages to ensure all staff are paid in full.

Walsall primed to furlough playing staff: Liam Keen and Nathan Judah discuss

He also said that the club are working towards putting the players on furlough, but they must wait on the governing bodies to act.

Nathan Judah

By Nathan Judah
@NathanJudah

Digital Sports Editor for the Express & Star and Shropshire Star

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News