The High Street in Bewdley was closed off on Thursday evening while the crews from Hereford and Worcester Fire Service dealt with the fire on an area near to the Little Pack Horse Pub.
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said the fire involved a wood burning stove and was extinguished using chimney rods.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.
Three fire crews attended the scene after being called at about 5pm on Thursday.
West Mercia Operations & Communications Centre posted a tweet at 6.15pm to inform the public of the fire and to avoid the Switchback road as it was temporarily closed.
A spokesman for West Mercia Operations & Communications Centre said: "Road Closure in Bewdley.
"Officers assisting Hereford and Worcester Fire at scene of fire near to Little Pack Horse Pub.
"Please avoid switchback at this time as the road is closed. Many thanks."
A post was shared later in the evening saying the road closure had been lifted.