Mother and two children flee heater fire in Wolverhampton home
A mother and her two children were forced to flee after a heater caused a fire in their home.
The family were outside the house, in Wolverhampton, as crews arrived at around 11am on Saturday.
The woman had to be treated with oxygen at the scene in Laburnum Road, Lanesfield.
But she did not require a trip to hospital, said West Midlands Fire Service.
It is believed the heater caught fire and a towel had been thrown over it in a bid to extinguish the flames.
Crews from Bilston and Wolverhampton stations attended the scene.
A fire service spokesman said: "The fire was located in the upstairs front bedroom and involved a heater.
"Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.
"Five per cent of the bedroom was affected by the fire.
"We gave oxygen to a lady at the scene and she was checked over by paramedics, but did not require hospital treatment.
"She escaped the property with her two children prior to our arrival."
The West Midlands Fire Service spokesman added: "We believe the cause of the fire was the heater and the occupants had thrown a towel over it in an attempt to extinguish the fire."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.