Caravan reduced to ashes in Willenhall blaze
A caravan was destroyed in a fire suspected to be caused by an overheating axle.
The caravan contained half a ton of felt and half a ton of tyres when it went up in flames in Watery Lane, Willenhall, on Friday.
A fire engine from Willenhall and a brigade response from Fallings Park were sent to the blaze, which is believed to have been caused by an overheating axle which ignited the felt at around 9.40pm.
Eight firefighters tackled the blaze which reduced the caravan to ashes before it was extinguished around 40 minutes later.
A spokesperson for West Midlands Fire Service said: "We were alerted to a fire on Watery Lane in Willenhall at 9.40pm on Friday, June 5.
"A fire engine from Willenhall fire station and a brigade response from Fallings Park fire station attended the scene, with eight fire fighters in total in attendance.
"They found a caravan, which was being towed by a van and contained half a ton of felt and half a ton of tyres, alight on the pavement.
"The blaze, which is believed to have been caused by an overheating axle which lit the felt, was extinguished in 40 minutes and with no injuries recorded."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.