A fire broke out in a tumble dryer yesterday afternoon.
Everyone inside the building was evacuated, and staff made the decision to send pupils home.
Many had to leave their belongings inside the school, and were not allowed to return and collect them.
The school remained closed today and will also stay shut to most pupils tomorrow.
Only staff and year 11 pupils will be able to come into the school tomorrow – with the students limited to working in one area of the academy unaffected by the smoke.
A spokesman for the school said belongings would be kept secure and can be collected when the academy re-opens to all on Monday.
But some parents have been complaining on the school's Facebook page that their children have not been able to access the items they were forced to leave behind.