Advertising

Man rescued by firefighters after pan fire in his Walsall home

By Dayna Farrington | Walsall | News | Published:

A man was rescued from his Walsall home by firefighters after a kitchen fire involving a pan.

A man was rescued from his home in Walsall after a pan fire this morning

Fourteen firefighters rushed to the scene in Little London House, in Palfrey, at around 7.15am this morning.

West Midlands Fire Service said the pan had been left unattended on the stove in the property.

The man was checked over by paramedics at the scene.

A spokesman from West Midlands Fire Service said: "Two crews from Walsall fire station and one from Bloxwich fire station were in attendance, with 14 firefighters in total. There was a small fire in a pan on the stove in the property.

"The occupant of the property was rescued by fire service personnel and received precautionary checks from the ambulance service.

"Breathing apparatus and a hose reel were used to put the fire out and a pressure ventilation fan was used to disperse the smoke.

"Firefighters carried out a hot strike in the area, which involves advising local residents that there has been a fire local to them and if they would like a safe and well visit, to get in touch with us."

Dayna Farrington

By Dayna Farrington
Senior reporter based at Wolverhampton

Reporter for the Express & Star based at Wolverhampton.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News