Advertising

Bathroom destroyed as candle left overnight in Stafford

By Dayna Farrington | Stafford | News | Published:

A bathroom was destroyed in a blaze after a candle was left lit in the room overnight.

The bathroom caught fire after a candle was left lit overnight. Photo: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Firefighters were sent to the property in the Moss Pit area of Stafford at around 9.30am on Sunday.

The fire started after a candle was left lit overnight and spread to the bath panel.

The bathroom caught fire after a candle was left lit overnight. Photo: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service
The bathroom caught fire after a candle was left lit overnight. Photo: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Luckily, the bathroom door had been closed which prevented the fire spreading to other rooms in the house.

No one was reported injured in the fire.

A spokesman from Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The fire in the bathroom involved an electricity heather and bath towels.

"A candle left burning on the side had spread to the bath panels."

Advertising

The bathroom caught fire after a candle was left lit overnight. Photo: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service

They added: "Please ensure candles are extinguished safely."

Crews from Stafford and Penkridge fire station were sent to the scene.

Dayna Farrington

By Dayna Farrington
Senior reporter based at Wolverhampton

Reporter for the Express & Star based at Wolverhampton.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News