Advertising

Dog rescued from Stafford house fire

By Charlotte Callear | Stafford | News | Published:

Firefighters rescued a dog from a large house fire in Stafford.

The home at Doxey Road, Stafford, caught fire

The home on Doxey Road, Stafford, caught fire this afternoon with a dog inside at the time.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at 1.20pm and rescued the dog. The pet was also given oxygen therapy.

No one was in the house at the time.

A spokeswoman for Staffordshire Police said: "Crews from Stafford, Stone, Eccleshall and Rising Brook were in attendance. They used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

"The original call to us reported there were people in the building but when we arrived, there was no one thankfully but there was a dog."

An investigation is currently underway to discover how the fire started.

Charlotte Callear

By Charlotte Callear
@CCallear_Star

Reporter based at the Express & Star's Wolverhampton head office

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News