Advertising

Father found in outhouse died of alcohol and codeine toxicity

By Robert Cox | Stafford | News | Published:

A father found dead locked in an outhouse had blood alcohol levels more than four-and-a-half times the drink drive limit.

Shane Sutton, aged 49, was discovered with blood on his face by his housemate on April 5.

He had been seen entering the outhouse at their home in Peel Terrace, Stafford, the previous day with a large bottle of whiskey.

Cannock Coroner's Court heard he had 368 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. The alcohol limit for drivers is 80 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood.

Mr Sutton, who had a daughter, also had potentially fatal levels of codeine in his blood.

A medical cause of death was given as ethanol and codeine toxicity.

Senior Assistant Coroner, Mrs Margaret Jones, said it was a drug and alcohol related death.

Robert Cox

By Robert Cox
Senior Reporter - @rcox_star

Senior Reporter covering news in Wolverhampton.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News