Advertising

Woman burns both hands trying to put out fire in Penkridge home

By Jordan Reynolds | Penkridge | News | Published:

A woman suffered "life-altering" burns to both her hands trying to extinguish a fire in her Penkridge home.

The occupier was taken to hospital for treatment after trying to tackle the fire, which was started when she spilt acetone nail polish chemicals near an oil burner.

A fire officer was called to Templers Way at 5.35pm yesterday to reports that a fire had started earlier in the day.

Station manager Gary Fox, who visited the property for Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This incident serves as a stark reminder to be careful with any candles or oil burners.

"This comes just days before Candle Safety Week which starts next week.

“It would appear that the woman’s injuries were life altering which could be the case when you attempt to tackle a fire yourself.

"Please, if you discover a fire do not attempt to put it out yourself, always get out, stay out, and call the fire service out.”

Jordan Reynolds

By Jordan Reynolds
Reporter - @jreynolds_star

Senior reporter at the Express & Star.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News