Outbuildings will also be cleared from the land at Bradbury Lane where two two-bedroom and eight three-bedroom homes are proposed.
Objectors raised concerns about the number of two-storey homes to be built from the site however.
A neighbour who has lived next to the site for more than 50 years told Cannock Chase Counci’s planning committee: “I’m disgusted to think they are trying to put 10 properties on this piece of land.
“I have a letter from (former council leader) George Adamson stating there should be no more than five dwellings on that land.”
Her son told Wednesday’s meeting bungalows would be a better option for the site and highlighted congestion issues along the road.
Outline planning permission has previously been granted for the site.
But planning officer Richard Sunter told the committee that planning policy had changed since then and there was no binding condition limiting new properties on the site to five.
David Pickford, who spoke in support of the application, said there were no objections to the plans from statutory consultees and the proposed new homes were in keeping with other properties in the area.
Cannock Chase Council’s planning officers recommended the application for approval ahead of Wednesday’s meeting and committee members voted to pass it.
Councillor Paul Witton said: “I see no objection from highways and I see nothing wrong with this development.”