Warning to smokers after fire due to discarded cigarette

Staffordshire Fire Service warned people not to throw cigarettes away after a fire which could have engulfed several houses.

Warning to smokers after fire due to discarded cigarette

The fire service tweeted on New Year's Day: "Crews from Lichfield and Chase Terrace attended fire in a domestic garage earlier this afternoon.

"Effective response by crews prevented spread to adjoining houses."

The fire service warned: "Cause found to be accidental due to discarded smoking materials. Please ensure cigarettes are out when disposed of."

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News