Advertising

Mother and two children escape West Bromwich house fire

By Megan Archer | West Bromwich | News | Published:

A mother and her children escaped a house blaze sparked by an overloaded plug socket.

The fire happened at a home on All Saints Way

Fifteen firefighters were sent to the home in All Saints Way, West Bromwich, at about 4.40pm on Wednesday.

The woman and her two children had managed to get out of the property and were checked over by paramedics.

The blaze was out by 5.25pm at the house near Sandwell Hospital.

Neil Spencer, a spokesman for the fire service, has issued a reminder to people using more electrical items at this time of year.

He said: "At this time of year especially we ask people to think about how they're using sockets, if they're using more for Christmas tree lights and other decorations.

"Make sure sockets are not overloaded, and always use them as per the manufacturer's instructions.

"This isn't to say this was caused in relation to Christmas lights, but we urge people to be careful."

A Facebook fundraiser has since been set up to help the family affected.

Megan Archer

By Megan Archer
Chief Reporter - @MeganA_Star

Chief Reporter with the Express & Star. Give me a call on 01902 319363 or email megan.archer@expressandstar.co.uk.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News