Advertising

Fire crews rescue elderly man from smoke-filled Smethwick flat

By Harriet Evans | Smethwick | News | Published:

A 70-year-old man was rescued from his flat by firefighters in the early hours of this morning.

Crews from Smethwick and Handsworth attended the incident at the flat on Oxford Road, Smethwick, after receiving a call at 2:43am.

Crews forced entry into the property and rescued the the elderly man who had fallen and was suffering from smoke inhalation.

Burnt food had been left on stove which had caused the smoke.

Ambulance services arrived and gave the man oxygen therapy but he was not taken to hospital.

The flat was heavily smoke logged and was ventilated by fire crews.

Harriet Evans

By Harriet Evans
Community Reporter - @HarrietEvans_ES

Community Reporter at the Express & Star, covering the issues affecting young people across the Black Country and Staffordshire. Contact me at harriet.evans@expressandstar.co.uk

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News