Advertising

Woman rescued from Sedgley home after fire

By Charlotte Callear | Sedgley | News | Published:

A woman was rescued from a house after a fire believed to be started from her toaster.

The Ridgeway, in Sedgley. Picture: Google

Firefighters used a ladder to rescue the woman from the first floor of her home in The Ridgeway in Sedgley in the early hours of Friday morning.

She was treated for smoke inhalation but did not go to hospital.

Crews from Dudley, Tipton and Bilston battled the blaze, after arriving at around 4.40am.

A West Midlands Fire Service spokeswoman said: "The fire was confined and it is believed the fire was started with the toaster.

"A woman was rescued from the first floor using a ladder and she was treated for smoke inhalation.

"We used a hose reel jet and isolated the electrics."

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "Paramedics and an ambulance were called to the scene by fire services.

"She refused hospital treatment and was discharged at the scene."

Advertising

West Midlands Fire Service tweeted: "Fire in kitchen of first floor maisonette in Sedgley.

"Woman rescued from first floor balcony by crews from Dudley, Tipton and Bilston fire stations."

Charlotte Callear

By Charlotte Callear
@CCallear_Star

Reporter based at the Express & Star's Wolverhampton head office

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News