Advertising

Man taken to hospital after toaster catches fire in Netherton

By Megan Archer | Netherton | News | Published:

A man was treated by paramedics after a toaster caught on fire in Netherton.

The fire happened in Blackbrook Road, Netherton

The blaze started in the kitchen of a mid-terraced property in Blackbrook Road at around 8.30pm on Wednesday (August 28).

By the time firefighters arrived, the man inside the house had managed to get himself out of the property.

He was assessed by paramedics and treated for mild smoke inhalation before being taken to hospital to be checked over.

The fire was extinguished within 15 minutes - and 13 firefighters attended.

One ambulance and two paramedic officers were also sent to the scene.

Officers from West Midlands Police were also in attendance.

Megan Archer

By Megan Archer
Chief Reporter - @MeganA_Star

Chief Reporter with the Express & Star. Give me a call on 01902 319363 or email megan.archer@expressandstar.co.uk.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News