Advertising

Rubbish fire sets garden shed alight

By Liam Keen | Halesowen | News | Published:

A garden shed caught fire after residents were burning rubbish.

Smoke rising above homes. Picture: Nick Gregory

Pictures show flames coming from the back of a house on Seven Acres Road, Halesowen, as thick black smoke filled the sky.

It's believed the fire began after the homeowner was burning rubbish.

Firefighters from Oldbury and Woodgate Valley attended the blaze at around 6.20pm last night, which spread to the wooden shed as well as nearby bushes and trees.

The scene of the fire. Photo: Nick Gregory

West Midlands Fire Service spokesman Neil Spencer said: "We had the call at 6.19pm last night to Seven Acres Road in Halesowen.

"One fire engine and a brigade response vehicle attended, with eight firefighters in total, from two crews from Oldbury and Woodgate Valley.

"It involved a fire with a wooden shed, measuring 12ft by 10ft, in a garden.

"It's believed the owner set fire to rubbish which spread to the shed, fence, bushes and trees."

Liam Keen

By Liam Keen
Sports Reporter - @LiamKeen_Star

Sports journalist at the Express & Star, primarily covering Walsall FC and grassroots sport across the Black Country and Staffordshire. Got a story? Get in touch on 01902 319456.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News