Home ruined as shed fire spreads in Halesowen
A Black Country resident has had to be rehomed after a severe shed blaze spread to two homes.
Firefighters rushed to the blaze on Bassnage Road, Halesowen, which started as a result of refracted light.
Four crews from Haden Cross Fire, Brierley Hill Fire and Bournebrook Fire worked to tackle the fire at around 2.30pm on Sunday.
The incident left one property so damaged its occupant needed to be rehomed, while one man received oxygen therapy but turned down further treatment.
A West Midlands Fire spokesman said: "It was an incident involving a fire spreading from a wooden shed. It spread to two houses.
"Crews used three hose reel jets and one main jet. Gas and electrics were isolated.
"A council representative was requested and one occupant was rehomed.
"West Midlands Ambulance were in attendance and the fire was distinguished at 15.39pm."
The fire left pieces of wood and bushes destroyed and the outside of one of the homes smoke damaged.
Firefighters issued a warning on social media in the aftermath of the incident, saying: "Items that reflect sunlight such as mirror, crystal balls, glass bottles or paper weights should never be left by windows or in direct sunlight – otherwise this could be the result."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.