Advertising

Woman rescued from house fire in Coseley

By Richard Guttridge | Coseley | News | Published:

A woman was rescued from a house fire in Coseley.

The fire started in the kitchen

Firefighters said the woman's life was saved by her smoke alarm after the blaze took hold in the kitchen on Hockley Road while she was asleep upstairs. She was taken to hospital after being rescued from firefighters at around 11pm last night.

Crews from Dudley, Bilston and Tipton attended the fire.

Dudley Fire Station said on Twitter: "We've just attended a property fire in Coseley. One person rescued after a fire started in the kitchen while she was asleep, but luckily the smoke alarms saved her life."

A fire service spokesman said: "It was a kitchen fire. One female was taken to hospital. Crews wore breathing apparatus kit and used two hose reels."

Richard Guttridge

By Richard Guttridge
Investigations Editor - @RichG_star

Investigations Editor for the Express & Star.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News