Advertising

Family flee from Brierley Hill house fire caused by washing machine

By Richard Guttridge | Brierley Hill | News | Published:

A family fled from their home after a fire was sparked by a washing machine in Brierley Hill.

The blaze started in the garage and spread to the kitchen at the house in Baxter Road at around 5.50am this morning.

Two adults and two children got themselves out before fire crews arrived and a dog was rescued by firefighters.

Crews from Brierley Hill Fire Station confirmed the fire was caused by a washing machine in the garage of the property. Both the garage and kitchen suffered damage.

Richard Guttridge

By Richard Guttridge
@RichG_star

Reporter for the Express & Star, based in Wolverhampton

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News