The Cheshire Cat had gone missing for two night and when he returned the owners were left in shock.
Thankfully, Gornal Veterinary Centre, which treated his injuries, say he will make a full recovery.
The Express & Star has chosen not to publish an image of the injury due to its graphic nature.
The incident has left his owner, who wished not to be named, so worried she is now too scared to let him him out the house again.
"Basically, we let him out on the Monday night because he's an outdoors kind of cat but then he was missing all day Tuesday and then Wednesday he came back looking like that.
"I don't know who's done it or why, but I've got two young children who would've been left absolutely heartbroken if anything had happened to him.
"I haven't been able to sleep and I've been tempted to take him out in the car with rather than leave him alone."
Following the pet's injuries, the mother-of-two, used money she had saved up for a family holiday to pay for his vet bill.
"Gornal Veterinary Practice was absolutely brilliant and they gave him the best treatment," she said.
"At one stage I felt like putting him to sleep because of the pain he was in because I can't let an animal suffer.
"Thankfully I've been told he will be 100 per cent fine and I cannot thank them enough. Luckily, is seems he has got nine lives.
"The ones who did it are absolute cowards and it worries me that whoever did this to an animal could do it to a human."