Advertising

Pet dog dies after Dudley house fire

By Jordan Reynolds | Dudley | News | Published: | Last Updated:

A dog has died after a house fire started in a faulty toaster.

Firefighters were called to the home in Newland Grove, Dudley, just before 6pm on Saturday where two pet dogs were inside.

Both dogs were rescued from the building and a passing vet stopped to help but one of the animals died soon afterwards.

The dogs had suffered smoke inhalation, a West Midlands Fire Service spokeswoman said.

An electrical fault in a toaster started the fire, which spread through the ground-floor kitchen to an upstairs bedroom in the semi-detached house.

Everyone inside the building was accounted for.

Jordan Reynolds

By Jordan Reynolds
Reporter - @jreynolds_star

Senior reporter at the Express & Star.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Advertising

Top Stories

Advertising

More from the Express & Star

Advertising

UK & International News