Firefighters help woman and dog from Birmingham flat after blaze

A woman and her dog had to be led to safety by fire crews after a flat blaze in Birmingham.

Firefighters were called by a neighbour after the smoke alarm was heard inside a ground floor flat in Waterworks Road just before 9pm on Saturday.

A spokeswoman for West Midlands Fire Service said: "Someone, a neighbour, heard the smoke alarm in the property.

"It was a ground floor flat in a residential block.

"The electric hob had caught some paper and a woman and a dog were led to safety by the fire service.

"The dog was being looked after by a family member and the woman went to hospital for precautionary checks."

Most Read

Most Read

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.

Top Stories

More from the Express & Star

UK & International News