Inquests held into two Black Country men who died from asbestos exposure
Inquests have been held into two Black Country men who died from asbestos-related illnesses.
Colin Morgan, 80, of Queens Gardens, Netherton, died on May 1 at home from mesothelioma - a tumour caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
Mr Morgan worked as a maintenance engineer and fitted pipes during his working life.
Black Country Coroner's Court was told he was exposed to asbestos over an eight year period, from 1955 to 1964, while working for a company which manufactured boilers.
Joanne Lees, area coroner for the West Midlands, recorded his death as being caused by industrial disease.
She said: "It is clear from the evidence that Mr Morgan was exposed to asbestos during the course of his employment.
"On the evidence, and on the balance of probability, I record a short-form conclusion of industrial disease.
"Can I take this opportunity to offer my sincere condolences to the family of Mr Morgan."
Keith Hughes, 59, of Warrens Hall Road, Dudley, died at home on April 30 from mesothelioma.
Mr Hughes, born in Stourbridge, worked as a quantity surveyor. He began working aged 16 in the construction.
Black Country Coroner's Court was told his work involved cutting asbestos when he was younger.
Area coroner Joanne Lees recorded his death as being causes by industrial disease.
She said: "I'm satisfied Mr Hughes was exposed to asbestos during his employment.
"He had a history of working in the construction industry which involved cutting asbestos boards.
"Can I take this opportunity to offer my sincere condolences to Mr Hughes' family."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.