Trapped: Woman locked in at Wolverhampton health centre after popping to the loo
A former medic was left 'shocked' after discovering she had been locked inside a health centre while she popped to the toilet.
Amanda Griss was trapped inside Whitmore Reans Health Practice after staff shut the clinic and pulled down the railings.
The 41-year-old, from Wombourne, was forced to ring police for help before she was rescued following the 40-minute ordeal.
The ex-chief cardiac physiologist said: "I couldn't even get out of a fire exit because the shutters had come down. I had no way of getting out at all. It was scary.
"I just thought 'how has this happened, how could someone have locked me in an NHS clinic?'".
WATCH: Find out more as Amanda recalls her ordeal
Miss Griss, who suffers with tissue disorder Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and uses crutches, popped to the toilet after her one-hour appointment at the practice on Thursday.
But when she went back to the reception area just before 4.50pm, she discovered staff had gone home without checking the toilets were empty.
Fearing she would be locked in the centre all night, a distressed Miss Grice called the police for help.
Officers sought advice from the fire service before a receptionist at the Lowe Street surgery returned to set her free.
She said: "It could have had an impact on my health because my medication was at home. Being locked in and having the stress of being locked in, it was not good for my heart rate."
Miss Grice said staff were 'apologetic' when she returned to the practice to complain.