We asked Ruby, 10, to write about her family's holiday to Menorca - and the results are adorable
She enjoyed a trip to the Sunconnect Los Delfines with her family
There is nothing like a sun-soaked holiday in the Mediterranean to make you forget about normal life as all your worries just float away.
And guests get the best of both worlds at the Sunconnect Los Delfines in Menorca’s Cala’n Forcat – an apartment within a hotel complex with two pools and a well-stocked buffet dining room.
Travelling with children can be stressful, but Nicola Methven’s kids, Ruby, 10, and George, eight, are now old enough to keep themselves entertained as they made lots of new friends around the pool.
Ruby was recruited as a junior travel reporter by Thomas Cook and here’s what she made of their wonderful holiday - plus the view of her mum and Mirror journalist Nicola.
By RUBY, aged 10
We went on an aeroplane. My family had to wake up at 3.30am in the morning. I felt excited and nervous for the flight.
I love being scanned and checked at the airport. Mum and Dad can deal with any stress. I was just looking forward to our amazing holiday.
On the plane they gave us a nice warm breakfast to eat which was delicious!
The hotel was fab. I loved the evening entertainment, especially Abba night, the rock show, magic time and the festival.
Also, I really enjoyed going to the Teen Zone, which is a room with computers and bean bags. I played Roblox with my friends.
My parents enjoyed lounging about by the pool reading their books. Mum particularly liked the aqua aerobics which made her arms ache, and Dad loved biking and seeing the views.
They liked doing the quizzes after dinner and nearly won the movie one, which we helped with.
Kids’ club was so much fun. We played so many games that everyone enjoyed and the entertainers made us laugh so much.
The little ones really loved it when Lollo and Bernie showed up. I wish I could go back. The room was air-freshened, with loads of pillows and toys.
If you are reading this, kids’ club entertainers, keep up the good work - you are the best!
MUM NICOLA'S VIEW
The hotel has a fun atmosphere and the staff encourage everyone to join in.
Most people seemed happy to do so, but anyone who wanted a quieter time could go back and chill out on their own patios.
The reps were great at giving information about the excursions on offer and things like car hire, which was really straightforward.
It was lovely to relax and unwind, whether that was on our sunbeds or by exploring the island in a hire car or, more locally, by bike.
Ruby just wanted to head off to hang out with her friends in the daytime, as well as after dinner, but we still managed to pack in lots of activities and family time.
I did enjoy the daily pool aerobics, which made me feel I’d earned my lunch. And the bike ride to see the sunset at a local beauty spot was stunning!
- Get £100 off on selected Thomas Cook holidays using the code 'JUNIOR100'. Full terms and conditions below apply. Visit ThomasCook.com for the latest deals.
Terms and conditions
- Minimum spend of £1300.
- On selected holidays where you see this promo code discount code being advertised, this code must be entered on the payment page of this website to get either £100 off per booking – the amount you save will be calculated on the payment page after you enter the promo code and will be based on the total holiday cost (excluding travel insurance).
- The saving applies to selected Thomas Cook, Airtours, Manos or Club 18-30 branded package holidays flying with Thomas Cook Airlines and departing up to the 31 October 2019.
- You must search and book via the “Holidays” tab on this website.
- Saving applies only to those selected holidays displaying the promo code advert within the main holiday photo are included in the promotion.
- Only one promo code per booking can be used.
- Saving cannot be combined with any other promo code, offer or discount unless stated otherwise.
- Offer available for a limited time only and may be withdrawn or altered without notice.
- All holidays are subject to availability and tour operator booking conditions.
- In the event of any difficulty applying the promo code, please call 0844 879 8515 for assistance. Calls will cost 7p per minute plus network extras.