We sent an eight year-old boy to review a 5 star holiday resort - and his report is so sweet
Our sport-mad schoolboy Edward spent a week at Turkey's Trendy Lara with his sister and parents.
The key to a successful family holiday is keeping everybody happy... if the children are having a whale of a time, you can guarantee mum and dad will be smiling too.
While relaxation might be harder to come by when you’re taking little ones with you, the least you can expect is for everything to run smoothly and be hassle-free.
The stunning Thomas Cook, five-star, all-inclusive Trendy Lara hotel in Antalya on Turkey’s Turquoise Coast aims to do just that with its welcoming staff and fantastic facilities.
Boredom is never a problem when there’s a splash park and water slides, three pools – two outdoor and one indoor - a private beach and a kids’ club. Not to mention tennis, basketball, beach volleyball courts and football pitches.
Our sport-mad eight year old reporter Edward spent a week at the Trendy Lara with his sister and parents, and here’s what he thought - along with some of his drawings to illustrate the trip.
By Edward (aged eight)
Our hotel had lots and lots of scary see-through lifts I liked riding on, and loads of restaurants and loads of pools.
I was scared when I went on my first water slide, but by the end of the first day I had even been on the highest flume.
You went really quickly and it was totally dark, but then you find yourself in multi-coloured loveliness before it spat you out. I felt really proud I found the courage and it was amazing.
Daddy loved the slides and he really wanted to go on them again and again with me.
When we went to the kids’ club we designed our own football kit and the man running it made us laugh by trying to get us to see if we could speak Italian.
I wasn’t keen on going to the kids’ club at first, but when I got there it was very good fun because I played some fun games and my sister was with me too.
We also went to a movies and munchies night where we watched The Greatest Showman and ate lots of treats.
All of the hotel staff were really nice, but my favourite was a waiter who made us different things out of napkins.
He made me a frog and my sister a butterfly. To say thank you, I made him a house out of my napkin.
Flying there and back with Thomas Cook Airlines was great. I like it best when the plane takes off, but I can’t tell you anything about the journey home as I slept for most of it!
- Get £100 off on selected Thomas Cook holidays using the code 'JUNIOR 100'. Full terms and conditions below apply. Visit Thomascook.com for the latest deals.
Terms and conditions
- Minimum spend of £1300.
- On selected holidays where you see this promo code discount code being advertised, this code must be entered on the payment page of this website to get either £100 off per booking – the amount you save will be calculated on the payment page after you enter the promo code and will be based on the total holiday cost (excluding travel insurance).
- The saving applies to selected Thomas Cook, Airtours, Manos or Club 18-30 branded package holidays flying with Thomas Cook Airlines and departing up to the 31 October 2019.
- You must search and book via the “Holidays” tab on this website.
- Saving applies only to those selected holidays displaying the promo code advert within the main holiday photo are included in the promotion.
- Only one promo code per booking can be used.
- Saving cannot be combined with any other promo code, offer or discount unless stated otherwise.
- Offer available for a limited time only and may be withdrawn or altered without notice.
- All holidays are subject to availability and tour operator booking conditions.
- In the event of any difficulty applying the promo code, please call 0844 879 8515 for assistance. Calls will cost 7p per minute plus network extras.
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.