Calling all young photographers - win an iPad mini in Thomas Cook Holiday Snap of the Year comp
Our holiday-happy kids can’t wait to hit the top resorts across the globe to make a splash in the pool or join in the kids’ club fun and games.
And top travel company Thomas Cook wants them to capture the very best of those moments on camera.
They've launched a campaign to showcase its family holidays, asking junior reporters from tinies to teens to pen their very own travel reviews.
As part of that campaign it’s also launching its ‘Say Cheese’ Holiday Snap of the Year Competition, asking kids to share the snaps of their best holiday experiences.
It’s a chance to shine a spotlight on the incredible work of budding young photographers up and down the country.
And there's an Apple iPad mini to be won in each age category - 8s and under and 15s and under.
Not only that, you will also win some Lollo and Bernie kids’ club mascots goodies!
So forget mum’s endless snaps of boring views, or dad’s pictures of places of interest the younger members of the family would prefer to pass on, Thomas Cook wants to put the younger members of the family in the frame to find out what memories create the magic for them - and what images they want to remember after a fabulous summer in the sun!
Maybe they’ll choose a trip to a famous landmark? Snap the sun setting on the beach as mum packs away the towels after another great day by the sea? Or perhaps they’ll catch the moment dad’s drenched by an unexpected wave?
To enter, budding snappers must get a parent or guardian over the age of 16 to submit a photo on their behalf below, along with an accompanying quote about why it was the ‘best holiday ever’. Thomas Cook colleagues will then judge the entries and pick the winners.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to anyone who is a resident of the United Kingdom, except for employees of Reach plc group companies, Thomas Cook and their immediate families.
2. This is a competition organised by Reach plc and Thomas Cook.
3. The entry must strictly be submitted by a parent or guardian over the age of 16 on behalf of the child that they wish to enter in to the competition.
To enter your child for the chance to win, you must submit:
- your name
- your telephone number
- your email address
- the child’s name
- the child’s date of birth
- the age category that the child’s entry will fall in to before 31 August, 2018
- alongside one photograph entry which will be of a photograph that the child has taken on a holiday between January 1, 2017 and closing date of August 31, 2018, which encapsulates the child’s ‘best holiday ever’, along with a one sentence explanation in the form of a quote.
4. Entries must be submitted before the closing time on Friday, August 31, 2018 23:59 via this page. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
5. By entering this competition the parent or guardian accepts full responsibility that they are the true owner of the photograph that has been submitted. If any foul play is detected the entry will automatically be disqualified and the decision will be final.
6. This is a syndicated competition running across the following titles; Daily Mirror, Daily Record, Birmingham Mail, Bristol Post, Burton Mail, Cambridge News, Coventry Telegraph, Daily Post, Derby Telegraph, Express & Star, Grimsby Telegraph, Huddersfield Examiner, Hull Daily Mail, Leicester Mercury, Liverpool Echo, Manchester Evening News, Newcastle Journal, Nottingham Post, Plymouth Herald, Shropshire Star, South Wales Echo, South Wales Evening Post, Stoke Sentinel, Teeside Gazette, The Chronical – Newcastle, Western Daily Press, Western Mail, Western Morning News.
7. Strictly one entry per child is permitted across all of the syndicated titles. Readers who fail to comply with this rule may be disqualified.
8. There are two prizes available from all eligible entries received across the participating titles. One prize will be awarded to one winner in the under eights category and a second prize will be awarded to the winner of the nine -15 years old category – who will each be rewarded with an iPad mini.
9. Proof of age and a proof of confirmation that the holiday took place between January1, 2017 and August 31, 2018 may be required as part of the winner verification process.
10. From all eligible entries, two winners will be picked by a Thomas Cook judging panel. The judges will be looking at the entry-photos and supporting word submissions for creativity, enthusiasm and authenticity. By participating in this competition you agree to allow Reack plc to share your photo submission with Thomas Cook for the sole purpose of being judged.
11. The winners will be notified by Monday September 10, 2018.
12. If the parent or guardian of the winner fails to confirm the acceptance of the prize by Monday October 1, 2018 or if the parent or guardian chooses to forfeit the prize, Reach plc have the right to pick another winner. The promoter’s decision is final.
13. All elements of the prize are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
14. If the stated prize is no longer available at the time of fulfilment, the promoter will provide an alternative that is to an equal or greater value than the stated.
15. The winner must ensure that all of the information given regarding address and contact details (which will only be collected once the winner has been announced to allow for the prize to be fulfilled) are correct and accurate.
16. Entrants agree to the publication of the pictures that have submitted as part of entries alongside names in the participating titles’ papers and through the Thomas Cook channels that have been highlighted in Term 20.
17. The winners name will be available on request.
18. Reach plc will not be held liable for any technical fault in the submission of these entries.
19. All data shared in entering this competition will be used for administration only. Reach plc and members of its group will not use your data for any marketing purposes. After 90 days from the competition closure Friday August 31, 2018 all entry details will be deleted. We take data protection very seriously, and your data will not be shared with any third parties. Please see our privacy notice www.mirror.co.uk/privacy-statement/ and terms and conditions mirror.co.uk/rules for details.
20. Thomas Cook would like the chance to use your photo entries for their brand marketing purposes. If you have selected the optional opt in box’ you agree that Reach plc may share your photo entries, along with the name and age of the child photographer to pass them to Thomas Cook to use in Brand Marketing, Ecrm, Organic Social, Paid Social, Display, Website Blog, In-flight Magazine and through their Internal Comms. Thomas Cook will only hold these for a maximum period of 12 months and if photographs of individuals are featured, these will not be shared with Thomas Cook for the use of commercial purposes.
21. By entering the competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
22. Standard Reach plc competition terms apply. See mirror.co.uk/rules