Man burned after pouring fuel on Stourbridge bonfire
A man was burned when he poured fuel on a bonfire which he wanted to get started before the arrival of rain.
The victim, aged 26 and from Pedmore, was left with burns to his beck, ear and face after the accident at a business in Hayes Lane, Lye.
West Midlands Ambulance Service was called at around 3.25pm yesterday.
Advanced paramedic Ste Hill said: "He was concerned about the rain coming and wanted to get the fire going before it arrived.
"Fortunately for him, the burns to his neck, ear and side of his face had blistered but were not as serious as they could have been following an explosion.
"I put burns packs on the affected areas before taking him to Russells Hall Hospital for further assessment and treatment.
"There is no doubt that his injuries could have been very much worse. Once again, we can but re-iterate the dangers of putting an accelerant on a bonfire. Every year we see such cases where people have put petrol or other chemicals on fires with the same result.
"Please be careful – such injuries can leave you scarred for life or worse."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.