Kitchen fires hit two Black Country homes

Dudley | News | Published:

Kitchen fires broke out at two homes in the Black Country.

An unattended chip pan sparked a blaze at a home in Bath Road, Quarry Bank.

A woman and her two children evacuated the home before firefighters arrived but the building was heavily smoke logged.

Firefighters from Brierley Hill were called at 11.30pm on Saturday night, just 90 minutes before being called to another kitchen fire.

This blaze, in Beachcroft Road, Kingswinford, was caused by an electrical fault in a fridge.

The homeowners were in another room watching television when the fire was sparked and managed to call emergency services.

Crew commander Peter Cherrington said neither home had smoke alarms in place.

"It is lucky that in both cases, the occupants were still awake and noticed the fires," he said.

He urged all homeowners to make sure their houses are fitted with working smoke alarms.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star


UK & International News