Great Barr School shut by gas leak
Great Barr school was shut today after a gas leak over the weekend left some classrooms without heating.
The school sent students home as it revealed it was unable to provide hot water, and its catering services had been affected.
A statement on the website of the school, which has more than 1,800 pupils, said: "Engineers have been on site since early this morning and assure us that they will do their best to rectify the problem.
"The building is safe but we are going to have to send students home today and would ask that you check the school website and the school's Twitter feed (@greatbarrschool) regularly to check for updates on the situation."
Pupils who arrived at the school today who were struggling to get home were being kept on the site until arrangements were made.
The school added: "We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this unforeseen event."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.