Major investigation as two men found dead at Bridgnorth caravan park
A major police investigation is continuing today after two men suffered violent deaths in Bridgnorth.
Both men were found dead at Knowle Sands Caravan Park, opposite the Swan Inn, on Thursday afternoon.
One of the men is believed to have killed the other, with police treating the deaths as linked and not searching for anybody else in connection with the incident.
WATCH: Detectives scour caravan park
A 67-year-old man was found dead in a field at the caravan park at about 4.15pm shortly before a man in his 70s was found on a nearby track near a bridge off the B4555 Bridgnorth to Eardington road.
Police said they believe the 67-year-old died after being assaulted and are treating the deaths as linked.
There is not believed to be any third party involvement, West Mercia Police said yesterday as the investigation got under way.
Crime scene investigators were combing through homes at the caravan park throughout today, including a green static caravan believed to have belonged to one of the victims.
Detectives could be seen packaging evidence into bags while police officers secured the area.
A large section of the site was cordoned off while inquiries continued.
Residents of the park were interviewed throughout the day, along with nearby Knowle Sands residents.
The investigations centred around a field where one of the bodies was found, which backs onto the caravan site and has public footpaths running through it.
Interactive map of the area:
Surprised ramblers caught glimpses of the crime scene along their walk through the field, which remains open to the public, with one saying they were "shocked to see something like this in Bridgnorth".
They said: "How very sad. We're just passing through on a walk and this was the last thing we thought we'd see."
Another resident of Knowle Sands, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "I saw a couple of ambulances at the park yesterday evening and then lots of police cars and detectives.
"The police have spoken to me today and I think they're going up and down speaking to everyone who lives around the caravan park as well as people living on the park too."
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Bellamy said: “This is clearly a very tragic incident that has seen two men lose their lives and our thoughts are with their family and friends at this difficult time.
"We do believe the deaths are linked and at this stage are not looking for anyone else in connection with them.”
A spokesman for West Midlands Ambulance Service said they had been called to attend Knowle Sands Caravan Park at around 4pm yesterday, to "reports of a man suffering a cardiac arrest".
Three ambulances and a paramedic officer had gone to the scene and upon arriving found what they said was a man in cardiac arrest.
The spokesman added: "Sadly nothing could be done to save him and he was confirmed dead at the scene."
Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.