Further arrests made as police murder probe continues in Brierley Hill

Brierley Hill | Crime | Published:

Further arrests have been made after two men were fatally stabbed during a cannabis factory raid in Brierley Hill.

Police and forensic teams have remained at the scene in Pensnett Road this weekend making inquiries

The two men, aged 23 and 21, were arrested at Holyhead Port, in Wales, yesterday morning on suspicion of conspiracy to rob.

Khuzaimah Douglas was pronounced dead in Pensnett Road and Waseem Ramzan died later in hospital after the attack on Thursday.

Post mortem examinations will be taking place to confirm the precise cause of death.

Pensnett Road remains closed off yesterday, three days after the two deaths

A 19-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to rob and murder remained in police custody yesterday.

Detective Chief Inspector Jim Munro from our Homicide Unit said: “These arrests are a significant step forward in our investigation and we’re doing all we can to bring those responsible to justice.

“We believe around seven men attacked an address in which cannabis was being cultivated and were confronted by people who were inside."

Detectives are still appealing for witnesses or anyone who was in the Pensnett Road area in the early hours of Thursday morning to get in touch.


Waseem Ramzan

Det Chief Inspector Munro added: “People may have witnessed the disorder, people or vehicles leaving the scene, or seen something suspicious.

"We need them to get in touch as every piece of information, no matter how small, could be crucial.

“I’d also like to hear from any motorists who were in the area at the time and have dash cam footage as they also may have recorded something important."


The family of Waseem have paid this tribute: “This is a really difficult time for the family and friends of Waseem Ramzan. We would appreciate if you could all remember him in your prayers and if possible give to charity in his name. To God we belong and to God we shall return.”

A kickboxing gym, in Tyseley, called USKA Fight Factory, posted a tribute to Mr Douglas on its Facebook page.

The message said Mr Douglas was a member of the gym and his death has left people "absolutely devastated and heartbroken".

Dudley Police Commander, Chief Superintendent Sally Bourner, added: “Our thoughts are with the families of two men who have tragically lost their lives.

“This is an awful incident and we recognise the wider impact it can have on our communities. But what I would say is that we believe this address was deliberately targeted, it was not a random attack.

“We continue to maintain a police presence at the scene but have been able to scale down the cordons and have reopened the Pensnett Road this afternoon. We thank people for their patience and support as we know this has caused disruption locally but we trust that people will understand the importance of gathering evidence to support this investigation.”

Anyone with information is urged to message us via Live Chat at our website or call us on 101. Alternatively they can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111; callers won’t be asked for their names and calls cannot be traced.

Sorry, we are not accepting comments on this article.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News