WATCH: Crimewatch appeal after one-year-old girl left for dead in Great Barr hit-and-run

By Annabal Bagdi | Great Barr | Crime | Published:

A heartbroken mother whose young daughter was left for dead has spoken of her devastation after the horrific hit-and-run.

Myha Brown, who is recovering after the ordeal, and right, CCTV showing the Myha playing outside and the car, circled, which police want to trace

Myha Brown was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a dark coloured hatchback smashed into her in Great Barr.

Detectives launched an appeal on Tuesday's Crimewatch Roadshow Live to trace the car's driver, who fled the scene after the New Year's Eve disaster.

WATCH the appeal on BBC's Crimewatch Roadshow Live

Speaking on the BBC programme, mother Natasha Brown said: "It was just the worst end to the year and the worst beginning to a year.

"It just breaks my heart that somebody could do that and just think 'never mind'. She's a happy little soul. She gets on with everybody, she's just a lovely little girl."

The toddler was left battling a blood clot to her brain, a broken leg, fractured knee, 'quite bad' scrapes and bruises, and her jaw was broken in two places.

CCTV screened during the appeal shows the moments leading to Myha being struck by the car.


Myha Brown was injured in the crash in Great Barr

Ms Brown said she was with her family enjoying a party at Holy Name Parish Centre, when she popped outside with two of her children.

Myha 'darted' away from her, running across the grass before the car hurtled into the two-year-old in Birmingham Road.

Ms Brown said: "When she started to run away from us, it was just panic. Myha was laughing, obviously we were shouting her and she thought it was a game.


"I fell over in the mud and saw a car coming but Myha just kept running. I could hear her laughing up until that car hit her, and it just all happened really, really quickly."

The youngster - aged one at the time - was thrown two metres along the road, leaving her 'lifeless' on the ground.

As she lay unconscious in a pool of blood, passer-by Darren Fisher rushed to the child's aid and delivered CPR.

People rush from the venue to help the youngster

His attempts managed to get Myha to move before she was rushed into an ambulance, where paramedics were forced to resuscitate her again.

Mr Fisher said: "I could just see a little girl lying on the floor, face covered in blood. There was no screaming or crying.

"The driver has no consideration for anybody out there. It's terrible."

Myha spent six days in hospital, where she under went major operations, but is now on the mend.

The location where Myha was struck

Mother-of-four Ms Brown added: "She never really moaned or complained. She is amazing.

"Mentally, I struggle with it still. On a daily basis, I have nightmares, I'm still having flashbacks.

"The trauma of it for me is obviously that person did not stop. They have got to have known they hit someone or something.

"But for that person not to stop, to me is unforgivable."

Annabal Bagdi

By Annabal Bagdi

Senior reporter based at head office in Wolverhampton.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News