Tracey and Pierce Wilkinson 'murders': Inquest hears of Stourbridge husband's 999 call

By Carl Jackson | Stourbridge | Crime | Published:

A father whose wife and son were allegedly murdered at their home in Stourbridge phoned 999 to say that he too had been stabbed, an inquest heard today.

Pierce, Lydia and Peter Wilkinson

Tracey Wilkinson, aged 50, and Pierce Wilkinson, 13, both died of multiple stab wounds on March 30, following the alleged attack at their home in Greyhound Lane.

Their husband and father Peter Wilkinson, aged 47, also suffered life-threatening injuries in the incident but survived.

Aaron Barley, aged 23, of no fixed address has admitted attempted murder of Mr Wilkinson but has not entered a plea on two counts of murder.

Today Black Country Coroner Zafar Siddique opened the inquests of the mother and son, but suspended it until the criminal case has concluded.

Tracey and Peter Wilkinson

Watch: Peter's daughter Lydia visited the scene of the tragedy to lay flowers last month

Stourbridge stabbings: Daughter's emotional tribute to mother and brother killed

Coroner's officer Joanne Stokes said: "The circumstances were that on the 30th of March a call was received by police from Peter Wilkinson stating he had been stabbed at home.


"On arrival Peter was found in the garden and his wife and son were found in the house.

"Peter was taken to hospital in critical condition and has now been released.

Flowers at the scene of the tragedy

"Unfortunately Tracey was pronounced deceased and Pierce was pronounced deceased at Birmingham Children's Hospital on 30th March. The cause of death for Tracey Wilkinson was multiple stab wounds and for Pierce it is multiple stab wounds pending further comment."


Detective Chief Inspector Ed Foster also spoke at the hearing to provide an update on Barley's case saying he would next appear at Birmingham Crown Court on July 19.

Peter Wilkinson and his daughter Lydia Wilkinson, aged 18, were not present at the hearing, which lasted less than 20 minutes.

DCI Foster said they had been kept up to date by a family liaison officer.

Coroner Zafar Siddique.

Coroner Siddique said: "In light of the circumstances and the tragic deaths of Pierce and Tracey Wilkinson I am going to formally suspend the inquest pending the outcome of the criminal trial.

"I have heard a further hearing is taking place in July so I will formally suspend the hearing until after then.

"May I take this opportunity to offer my sincere and deepest condolences for the family's loss in this tragic circumstances."

Carl Jackson

By Carl Jackson
Reporter - @cjackson_star

Senior reporter for Staffordshire and Walsall.


Top Stories


More from the Express & Star

UK & International News